Mock drafts, while fun, are fairly pointless. There is always someone who skews the results by taking Johnny Manziel in the 3rd round or teams on auto-pick end up allowing user drafted teams to become way too stacked. However, mock drafts do have there uses if the individuals involved are serious. They allow you to plan out what type of player you expect to be there when you are picking. Going any further than 4 rounds is fruitless as well, because around this time is starts to be much more about hunches than sound logic.
An anonymous Owner and myself decided to do a 4 round mock draft with the actual draft order for our league. If some picks look strange, you may want to check who was a Future from last season or our unique rules. I drafted the Orange teams and the anonymous Owner drafted the blue teams.
Three Things I liked:
- The amount of really good players available at the end of round 2 and the beginning of round 3
- The ability to get an elite running back/wide receiver combo with picks 4-9
- Cribb getting Adrian Peterson at 4th overall
Three Things I didn’t Like:
- Brandon Marshall going before A.J. Green and Julio Jones
- I think Sankey has a lot of upside, but I don’t know if I could take him in the 4th round
- Julius Thomas over Morris/Martin/Bernard is a stretch considering the dearth of running back talent